Who We Are
The Baton Rouge Clean Air Coalition (BRCAC) is a coalition of local governments, state environmental agencies, businesses, industries, academic institutions, and civic organizations committed to improving air quality in the greater Baton Rouge area through voluntary actions and reasonable, effective regulatory actions. For over two decades now, BRCAC has worked as a partner with the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) to improve air quality in the Baton Rouge area. Along with the LDEQ, we are the proud sponsors of the local Ozone Action Program, which is a voluntary, community-based program designed to reduce ozone-forming emissions caused by vehicles and other sources during the summer months.
We are a coalition of local governments, businesses, educational institutions, and civic and environmental organizations committed to improving air quality in the Greater Baton Rouge area through voluntary actions.
Our goals are: (1) to improve air quality through voluntary actions; (2) create public awareness and promote individual responsibility through education; and (3) provide credible measures of air quality improvement efforts.
Members of Our Coalition Include:
- East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Iberville, Ascension and Livingston Parishes
- Baton Rouge Area Chamber of Commerce
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- Louisiana Department of Natural Resources
- Capital Region Planning Commission
- LSU Center for Energy Studies
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association
- Louisiana Chemical Association
- Greater Baton Rouge Clean Cities Coalition
- Dow Chemical Company
- Trinity Consultants
- Harris, DeVille & Associates
- Providence Engineering and Environmental Group
Make a Donation
Members of the Baton Rouge Clean Air Coalition volunteer their time for outreach events and to help accomplish the organization’s goals for clean air for the Baton Rouge area. We rely entirely on donations for our public outreach and education activities such as maintenance of our website and Earth Day events. Contributions to help support these activities are welcome and can be provided by check to our mailing address or handed to any of our coalition members.